Last night I was going to put some stitches in The Library and I was all set to go when I saw poor Geranium House sitting there…abandoned for months. I gave it some loving attention and it's feeling much happier now, lol! Looks much nicer now I've got some of the white stitched.
As I've been stitching away the past few weeks there have been a few things piling up that I've wanted to get done. I started printing out some Inklingo Drunkard's Path shapes a little while ago in readiness for a new quilt…one that I will not begin until Tail Feathers is done. I decided to get some more of the printing done this morning as I had the iron going already and I can just iron the fabric onto the freezer paper and set the printer off going happily by itself. I got two more shades of my Rouenneries layer cake printed off…this has to be the worst lot of 10" squares I've ever bought, not a single one is square so far!
While the printer was doing its thing – I made the little fabric basket. I saw these on Jenny's blog a few weeks ago and put it on my to-do list. Although it's now crossed off the to-do list I will be making some more, they're super easy and Jenny has a lovely little tutorial here. Next, I ironed and cut the fabric for my exciting Mary Wigham wardrobe project – the fabric is lovely (vintage country mocha) and the threads are even more gorgeous (Threadworx). I even managed a few stitches on Geranium House before it was time to pick up from school – a most productive day 😀
Here's the finished basket with a little yoyo decoration and some lovely pieces of fabric:) (I might use stiff interfacing next time I think).