of late I've been restrained on the spending front. It's a very, very long time since I actually bought a book for instance. I stopped buying fabric. Unfortunately, this resulted in me buying cross stitch stuff 😮 I wasn't going to keep this embarrassing spend a secret but Carole has insisted that I make a full confession…with photo :ouch:
I had a list you see. There were a lot of lovely new things that came out at Nashville. I 'needed' them. I didn't buy all of the list (good job!). From top left then…
1. Forget Me Not by Ewe & Eye & Friends – I saw it on another blog and fell in love with it, I cannot blame this on the Nashville show at all!
2. Honeysuckle Manor by Blackbird Designs – new release at Nashville show. Anything Blackbird is an obligatory purchase for me (they've got a new quilt book coming out soon, sneak peek on their blog is gorgeous)
3. Joyeux Noel by Blackbird Designs – been on my list for quite a while, I felt it had been on there too long and needed crossing off so another one that was nothing to do with the Nashville show.
4. Cupcake Wooden Pincushion base by Blackbird Designs – a Nashville release, I 'needed' it but it was rather pricey so I've shown it to DH who thinks he can manufacture more for me 😀
5. Needle and Thread by Little House Needleworks – a Nashville release, it had to be bought I tell you…just look at its cuteness! I have a long list of LHN desires but I was worried this might sell out before it got to the top of the list.
6. Snowy Pines by Little House Needleworks – I'm on automatic for the ornaments so it was nothing to do with Nashville either, lol!
7. Valentine Rose and Snow Garden by Blackbird Designs – a Nashville release. I think there are going to be 12 of these, like there were 12 sets of stockings. I LOVE them. I reasoned to myself that I am actually stitching the stockings that I bought all the stuff for…and the monthly ornaments…so I deserved to get these on automatic.
8. Threads and fabric for April Stockings - okay, well I had only bought 3 months worth of supplies for the stockings but 6 months worth of charts but…I'm stitching them so I've got to keep up!
Isn't that a shocking amount of stuff 😮 I think I'll go and beat myself with a broom now.There are 3 Hawk Run Hollow charts on my list too. I didn't buy any. Just as well really!
I mentioned that I had become obsessed with Geranium House so I thought I'd let it show off this morning. On Sunday when I dug it out of the corner where it was wimpering from neglect I had only done that line of green stitching, the two urns (my stitches are a bit rubbish on the urns, I may redo them) and a bit of the door. I had wanted to finish off the roof last night but it was a busy, busy night – dentist for myself and the children and then cricket and netball. We finally stopped running around at 9.15 and I was just making some dinner for DH and myself and a visitor arrived! I'm going to give it a little attention this afternoon. I'm having a morning of scratching unpleasant jobs off my to-do list…it's going well so far. I'm just taking a break with my coffee to do this blog post…which Carole insisted I do! Back to it now though.
Here's Geranium House…
(do you notice that I've been playing with my photos a bit? I'm not that good a photographer really and I thought my photos looked a bit boring so asked DH for a little photoshop tutorial…I don't have much patience with it to be honest but I think they're looking nicer now I'm prettying them up a bit!)