I've been working on stitching my Tail Feathers top together this weekend. I mentioned before that I've booked it in to be long arm quilted as I don't want to make a mess of it…that's a lot of embroidery on there to wreck with my amateurish quilting efforts. I may need to use the services of a long arm quilter more often for large quilts I think as it's now become impossible for me to baste large quilts on the floor. I did Catherine's wrap on Christmas Eve and spent the rest of the Christmas holiday in quite a lot of pain and one leg shorter than the other I discovered when I went to my chiropractor! So, I'm hoping that this long arm quilting adventure will go very well for more than one reason.
This is where I was up to this afternoon. Silly me hadn't stitched all those little 1" squares as I went along so I've had that to do and I had 5 log cabin blocks left to make as well. All done now and ready to assemble. There are 3 borders to this quilt – the first is just a 1" cream border, then the 7" log cabins and then another border…I think about 3" wide. Need to pop to the LQS once all done to buy a backing and then I can put it all in the post and look forward to its return 😀 It was a bit tricky to photograph as although it's been a beautiful day today it's also been rather windy – good job I have a patient helper 🙂
I'm hoping to show some progress on my Aunt Grace blocks this week, I have the first month's work almost done. I'm also looking forward to making the next Civil War block as well as another Pennsylvania Dutch block…my plan is to do those in tandem with the Civil War blocks until I've finished them. If I manage to stitch them together nicely into the finished quilt top they may take a trip to the long arm quilter!
I'm hoping that the postman will arrive with some charm packs that I ordered…I'm waiting to get started on the Birdie Stitches block and I have a new ruler to try out on them as well.