I almost managed to get everything done that I wanted to last night. I already had the pieces cut out for my next Pennsylvania Dutch block and the pieces cut out for the first Aunt Grace.
This is the result of the sewing for the first month of Aunt Grace Circle of Friends – I didn't do all of that last night! I cut out all of the pieces a couple of weeks ago and was immediately intimidated by the main block so…I pieced together the pinwheels. Poor Aunt Grace has been sitting on my desk since then awaiting further attention. I decided last night was the night and that the big block would get pieced together. It actually went much smoother than I expected, I was getting tired near the end though and managed to sew the last row on upside down…bit of seam ripper action followed! It's 10.5" squar unfinished and the name of it is Flower Pots. This is the first time I've made something with 1930's fabrics – I absolutely love them, I'm even quite fond of the yellow one!
Here's the Pennsylvania Dutch block that I made. It's block 5 of the quilt but I have made things out of order! I think it's called Cartwheels – more lovely pinwheels. The making of the this went really smoothly, these blocks really are a dream to make.
My last project is absent. I intended to sew on the borders of the Birdie block but there was a disaster in the cutting department. I was tired and being talked to and I think my brain had gone upstairs and left my body behind. Suffice to say that I will be re-stitching the Birdie block!