I've just put the final stitches on the January piece for Song of the Weather. I can't possibly say how much I've enjoyed stitching this little piece. I had sworn off doing monthly stitches for this year other than the ones already underway and was seriously reluctant to take on another one. I'm glad now that Carole persevered with her temptations and that I finally caved in and decided to do this SAL. It really hasn't taken very long at all to do the stitching and the instructions are excellent. I only stumbled on the knots (in the middle of the daisies) and had to get out my left handed embroidery book to do those as the picture in the instructions was for a right handed person and my brain refused to translate!
Here's the finished piece – I am using 25 count Lugana in ivory with DMC threads 600, 605 and 712.
Isn't it pretty? I can't wait for the February design to arrive in inbox!
Yesterday I did the practice piece for the Lucky Stars BOM (oh look, another monthly project – I thought I had sworn off those and here I am posting about another one 😮 ) All of these designs are foundation pieced – I thought it was time that I got this skill licked – I usually put the fabrics in the wrong place and end up with them not covering up what they're supposed to! Not so this time. I made the 6" version of the block and it went as smooth as silk, no hitches at all which bodes well for me making the January block – some time soon, before January is done and dusted!
I'm really thrilled that this turned out so well. It's destined to become a little pouch for Catherine in the near future 🙂